Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spinach & Feta Turkey Burgers

I experimented with making some turkey burgers the other day and they came out so good! I was pretty impressed with myself :) They were actually really easy to make, and you can freeze the leftover patties so you have a quick meal on other days.

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground turkey (I used Shady Brook Farms 99% Extra Lean)
3/4 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
2 Egg Whites (6 tbsp)
10 oz. package of frozen spinach
1/4 cup fat free Feta Cheese
Garlic Powder, Mrs. Dash

Cook the spinach in the microwave according to instructions.  Drain well. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix (I used my hands because you don't need to go crazy with mixing it).  Form into 8 patties.  I used a George Foreman grill to cook them and they took about 8-10 minutes.  Make sure you use a little non-stick cooking spray!



Nutrition Information per serving (1 patty):
129 calories, 2g fat, 22g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment