Sunday, March 31, 2013

Kale Chips

Happy Easter everyone! This weekend I visited my sister and we had a ton of delicious healthy food! One thing that we made that I had been dying to make for a while is kale chips.  For anyone who loves chips, this is an amazing alternative.  Kale is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and is less than 50 calories per cup-- so you can snack on kale chips without being worried about the calories, fat, sodium, etc that come along with regular chips!

Ingredients:
1 bunch of Kale, washed and dried well
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Spices: You can use whatever you want. My sister and I used garlic powder, black pepper, and oregano. You can use sea salt, parmesan, whatever you'd like !

Preheat oven to 350. Make sure the kale is dried well.  Tear off the leaves of the kale into chip-sized pieces and place in a bowl.  Drizzle with olive oil (about 1-1.5 tbsp; you don't want to do too much or else the kale won't get crispy) and toss until coated.  Arrange the kale on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Sprinkle on spices of choice.  Bake for 10-15 minutes until it is crispy, but make sure to watch it so you don't burn it!


2 comments:

  1. So I totally tried making these with some leftover kale I had. I used my aunt's simple recipe which was sprinkling olive oil over the kale and baking in the oven @ 400F on a pizza stone. I totally burnt them to a crisp. I am guessing this is something you really need to watch carefully in the oven haha. Next time, I'll try 350F as well as some seasonings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! haha yes you really have to watch them closely, and definitely do it at 350 or even lower!

      Delete