Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Banana Bread Protein Muffins

So for those of you that follow me on instagram, you saw the banana bread protein muffins that I made today! And well since I don't have baking powder in my apartment I only used baking soda, and the tops deflated! But they still tasted sooo good! I don't care about the aesthetics of my food, as long as it tastes good that's all that matters to me.  Here's the recipe (with the baking powder!)

Ingredients:
1 medium ripe banana
3/4 cup oats (I used Whole Foods organic old fashioned rolled oats)
3/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup chobani plain greek yogurt 0% fat
2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I used GNC 100% Hydrolyzed Protein)
12 packets truvia, or 1/4 cup baking stevia (stevia is 4x sweeter than sugar, truvia is 2x sweeter than sugar...you can adjust how much you use of either to your liking)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (pretty sure I added more than this... I love cinnamon!)

Preheat oven to 350. Blend ingredients together in a blender.  Distribute evenly in muffin tin using foil cups (make sure they're foil so they don't stick) or you can just spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray.  Bake for 15-17 minutes.

Nutrition facts per 1 muffin:
54 calories, 9g carbs, 1g fat, 6g protein, 2g sugar














My deflated muffins ^ whoops! Going to add some PB2 into the crevices... I totally did it on purpose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment