Monday, March 25, 2013

My Favorite Healthy Snacks

Being a college student means constantly being busy and on-the-go, and the easy route would be to take a packaged snack of some sort with me to class.  However, majority of the time these packaged snacks are horrible for you! There are many other healthier options that still allow you to eat on the go.  I aim to eat snacks that are high protein, low carb, and help you feel full so you aren't starving until you can eat a meal.  Here are my favorites!

1. 2 Plain Rice Cakes with PB2 and cinnamon on top

2. ~4 oz. Chobani Greek Yogurt (Plain) and add whatever you want. I mix in a little bit of vanilla extract, 1 packet truvia, and cinnamon.  You can add fruit too!

3. Carrots and Turkey Slices

4. Quest Bar

5. Carrots and Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter)

6. Tuna Fish Salad (Mix Starkist Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna packet with a tbsp of greek yogurt, add any vegetables you'd like)

7. Egg White Egg Salad (Recipe is on my blog!)

8. Protein Shake

9. 1/4 cup of Nuts

10. No-bake Energy Bites (Recipe is also on my blog)

2 comments:

  1. Great snacks! My personal favorite rice cake combo is almond butter and fresh blueberries.

    I will have to try that Tuna Salad recipe with Greek Yogurt. Being a guy, I get lazy and eat it straight out of the bag/can. But just mixing it with greek yogurt sounds tastier and more nutritious. Tuna salad is amazing with Frank's red hot by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly! I've tried tuna without mixing it with anything and it's too dry for me. Greek yogurt makes it taste so good and it adds more protein. Definitely give it a try :)

      Delete