Wednesday, February 27, 2013

HIIT Ab Circuit

I did this ab workout the other day and my abs still hurt! Push through it and you will definitely feel it!

Circuit 1:
Decline Bench Crunches with weight x 20
Incline Leg Raises x 15
1 min Jumping Jacks
Rest 30 seconds
Repeat x 3

Circuit 2:
Bench V Ups x 15
Bench Crunches with weight x 20
1 min Mountain Climbers
Rest 30 seconds
Repeat x 3

Circuit 3:
Knee Ups x 20
1 min Jumping Jacks
Knee Ups with Twist x 15 each side
Rest 30 seconds
Repeat 3 times

2 comments:

  1. How many days per week do you recommend doing this? Should it be done on cardio days? In fact do you think you can make like an example of a weekly plan incorporating these workouts?
    Thanks for this lovely blog!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in general you can work your abs a few times a week, but you just have to remember that they're like any other group of muscles and require time for recovery. just see what works best for you! I engage my core as much as possible during my workouts too. personally i don't think it matters if you do this on a cardio day or not, I always try to get my heart rate up no matter what kind of workout I'm doing. I'm not certified in personal training.. I learn by doing research and getting advice from other people.. so I don't think I should write out a plan, but I can certainly try to post more of my workouts! hope this helps :)

      Delete