Friday, March 1, 2013

Fruit & Nut Salad

I saw this recipe on Pinterest the other day and it looked really good, but it had mayo and a few other ingredients I didn't want to use so I made a few minor adjustments.  It came out so good!

Ingredients:
2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in halves
4 apples cored and diced
1 pear cored and diced
1 stalk of celery, diced
1/2 cup silvered almonds
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1.5 cups plain greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon

Mix the greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a bowl (use as much cinnamon as you like, I like a lot because I have a cinnamon obsession!!).  In a separate bowl, combine all of the chopped fruit and nuts. Pour the yogurt mixture into the bowl of fruit/nuts and mix well.  Refrigerate the leftovers!


source: tastykitchen.com


No comments:

Post a Comment