Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Clean Eating Grocery List

So you want to start eating clean, but don't know what foods to buy at the grocery store? The trick is that mostly all clean foods are on the outer edges of the grocery store, and most processed products are in the aisles (minus a few things of course).  I made a list of most of the things I have in my kitchen.  I probably forgot some things but this includes the majority of what I stay stocked up on. I'm a really picky eater and don't really like meat and a lot of other common foods, but I tried to add a few other things that most of you may like that I don't! Again, this is just what I buy, so there are other clean foods out there that I'm sure I didn't include.


My Eat Clean Shopping List:

Proteins:
Chicken Breasts
Lean Ground Chicken
Extra Lean Ground Turkey
Eggs
Liquid Egg Whites
Tuna Fish
Salmon
(Ground Beef typically is not part of a clean eating diet, but for those of you who can’t give it up, go with the leanest cuts of beef that are grass-fed. I don’t like beef so this is easy for me!)

Carbs/Starches:
Brown Rice
Quinoa
Sweet Potatoes (My favorite!)
Ezekiel Products
Steel Cut Oats
Rolled Oats
Plain Rice Cakes
Quinoa

Nuts and Oils:
Natural Peanut Butter
Almond Butter
Almonds
Walnuts
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Pam (or another non-stick spray)

Dairy:
Plain Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Real Grated Parmesan Cheese
*Consume dairy in moderation

Other:
Quest Protein Bars
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Ground Flaxseed/Chia Seeds
Vanilla Extract
Unsweetened Cocoa powder
PB2
Protein Powder
Gum

Sweeteners:
Agave Nectar
Honey
Stevia in the Raw
Applesauce (no sugar added)

Condiments:
Salsa
All-natural, sugar free and low sodium Tomato Sauce
Whole Grain Honey Dijon Mustard
Ketchup- pretty much impossible to find a clean version, eat it in moderation

Spices:
Mrs. Dash any variety
Pepper
Cinnamon
Garlic Powder
Oregano
Red Pepper Flakes
(These are the only ones I really use)

Fruits & Vegetables are a given! Broccoli, Spinach, Asparagus, Squash of any variety, Carrots, Avacado, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Kale, Apples, Pears, Bananas, Berries, the list could go on forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment