Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tabata Workout

If you're ever very short on time but still want to get a workout in, a Tabata is the way to go. And you only need 4 minutes to do it!  This is a high-intensity interval workout...and when I say high intensity I mean it. You can do this with almost any cardio activity, including running, biking, jump roping, etc. The trick is to go as hard as you can for 20 seconds, follow that with 10 seconds of rest, and repeat that 7 times.  In order for it to work though, you must give 100% maximal intensity during the 20 seconds--like I-feel-like-I'm-going-to-die intensity.  This has been proven to increase your aerobic capacity, anaerobic capacity, VO2 max, and resting metabolic rate, and can help you burn more fat than a traditional 60 minute cardio workout.  I recommend adding two Tabatas to your workouts per week, and you'll really see some results!

No comments:

Post a Comment