Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Portobello Mushroom Pizzas

Pizza has to be one of my favorite foods. As much as I wish I could eat a real pizza from a pizza shop on a regular basis, that would be a bad idea for my health and my bank account! That's where a healthy alternative comes in. When I went to Trader Joe's the other day I decided to pick up some portobello mushroom caps. I'd had them when I went out to eat a few times, but never tried making them myself. I also had some leftover spaghetti squash that was going to go bad soon, so I decided to put them together and make "pizzas" for a quick and easy dinner.

Ingredients:
-2 portobello mushroom caps
-1/2 cup cooked spaghetti squash, or more depending on the size of your mushrooms
-1/4 cup natural tomato sauce (I used Capa di Roma Marinara Sauce)
-shredded cheese of choice (I used Lisanatti Mozzarella Style Almond Cheese)
-garlic powder
-optional: 1 tbs plain greek yogurt -- I mixed this with the sauce to make it like a vodka sauce

Directions: Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray. Wash the portobello mushroom caps and remove the stems. Place them face down on the baking sheet. Top each mushroom with half of the spaghetti squash and half of the sauce. On top of the sauce, sprinkle shredded cheese and some garlic powder. Bake for 10-12 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment