Thursday, June 6, 2013

Grain Free Microwave English Muffin

Before I started eating clean, I used to absolutely love english muffins.  I think I had one almost every morning for breakfast.  I've been trying a lot of different grain free recipes lately using coconut flour, almond flour, etc. and I was determined to come up with an english muffin replacement that didn't take forever to make. So this is what I came up with and I think it's a great replacement for an english muffin or even a bun!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp almond flour
1 egg white (3 tbsp)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1.5 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
To make it sweet: Add packet of stevia, cinnamon, raisins, etc.
To make it savory: Add garlic powder, Mrs. Dash, etc.

Mix ingredients well in a bowl. Spray a small ramekin (7 oz.) with non-stick spray and pour in the batter.  Microwave for about 1.5-2 minutes depending on your microwave.  Cut it in half, and you can pop it in the toaster too! I use them for egg sandwiches, mini pizzas, as a bun replacement for a chicken or turkey burger, and more.




Nutritional Information: 
109 calories, 4.5g fat, 10.5g carbs, 3.7g fiber (net carbs: 6.8g), 7.5g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment