Monday, May 13, 2013

Protein Frozen Yogurt

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything because of finals, but now I'm officially done with college and I have my B.S. in Nutritional Sciences! It still hasn't hit me that I'm done with college! I will be going on to do more school eventually. but in the mean time I'm so happy that I get more time to relax, go to the gym without having to squeeze it in between classes, and make up new recipes of course :)
In honor of it being warm out now I figured I would post one of my favorite things that I've been having every night for my last meal of the day-- protein frozen yogurt aka profroyo! It seems like a weird combination but I promise it's delicious.  It's high in protein and a perfect pre-bed meal because it contains greek yogurt and cottage cheese which are good sources of casein (see my Supplements section for an explanation of casein!). You can customize the recipe to make it to your liking and add whatever toppings you want! I don't usually measure it but here is the general base recipe:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup no fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup chobani plain greek yogurt
1/2 scoop protein powder (I use cellucor cor-performance either cookies n cream or cinnamon swirl. any protein works!)
1 packet stevia
splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk

After mixing the base recipe, you can add whatever flavors you want.  Some examples of things I add: unsweetened cocoa to make it chocolatey, any extracts (vanilla, coffee, etc.), cinnamon, pumpkin puree, the list goes on!

After mixing everything together, freeze for about 90 minutes.  Then when you're ready to eat, add your toppings! Examples of some toppings I use: Walden Farms calorie-free syrups (chocolate or maple), half of a warmed up quest bar, nuts of any kind, peanut butter, Barbara's Puffin cereal, anything really! Make it your own, and enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment