Thursday, February 21, 2013

Commitment



I posted this quote on my Instagram last night and wanted to share it here because it relates to so many things.  How many times do we say something, and then a little while later we just change our minds and don't stick with what we said.  This can apply to anything in life.  You make a commitment to someone in your life, such as a family member, friend, or significant other, but then aren't true to your word.  Or you make a commitment to do a certain task or job for a group and you don't follow through.  You can also make a commitment to yourself, and then your mood changes and you don't feel like doing it anymore.  I'm being very broad, but I can think of so many specific situations that I haven't been true to my word or followed through with something, and I'm sure you can too!  Everyone does it.    I think this is something everyone can work on.  To live a healthy lifestyle, the most important thing is to make a commitment to yourself and follow through with it.  You can't say that you're going to go to the gym after class or work, and then later decide that you're too tired or too lazy.  Yes, slip ups happen, but you have to be able to get right back on track instead of just giving up for good.  Setting goals for yourself and changing your mind later on will not get you anywhere!  I always give 100% no matter what I'm doing, whether it's work, a relationship, a workout, homework, anything.  When I do that, I'm the most successful and I see the results to go along with it.  Yes, I've been hurt because I've given my all and expected the same in return.  But the way I see it, I could change my way of living and deal with less disappointment, hurt, and risk of failure, but then I would be denying who I am.  I'd rather say that I gave my all and fail then to just take the safe route.  My point is, focus on yourself and what you want to accomplish, and don't let anyone influence you and tell you anything otherwise.  Living a healthy lifestyle requires staying true to who you are, your goals, and making sacrifices.  And if you aren't going to stay committed to something, then don't say it in the first place.  It's simple... give 100%, or nada... no in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment