Monday, November 10, 2014

Hash Brown Waffles

Hi all!

It's been a while since I've posted anything! Lately I've been keeping my food simple. I haven't been able to create many new recipes, mainly because I am consumed with grad school and 2 jobs. I'm going to try my best to keep posting things on a regular basis because I still want continue to share my recipes and show everyone that it is possible to make healthy, delicious food.

On that note, tonight I wanted to have some potatoes with my dinner, but I wasn't feeling the traditional mashed or roasted potatoes that I usually make. I was craving breakfast food (per usual) and decided to make some hash browns. I've made hash browns before, but I remember hearing someone talk about how they've made them in their waffle maker before and I decided to give it a go. Who knew, hash browns in a waffle maker! It's literally the easiest thing ever, and even better it's like a waffle... and I love waffles. These crunchy, fat-free hash-browns went perfectly with my breakfast-themed dinner, and took less than 20 minutes to make.

Ingredients:
-1 medium potato (I used a red potato, any kind works)
-garlic powder, pepper, Himalayan pink salt, and/or other spices, to taste

Instructions:
Wash and shred the potato (I used my food processor). Place the shredded potatoes in a towel or paper towel and squeeze the water out. Then, put them in a bowl and mix in any spices you'd like. Pre-heat your waffle maker, then spray with non-stick cooking spray. Layer the potatoes on the waffle iron so they are about 1/4-1/2 inch thick, and then close the lid. Let them cook for about 10-15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment