Saturday, April 12, 2014

Breakfast-style Stuffed Pepper

I have an egg white omelette with my breakfast morning, and sometimes I have one for lunch or dinner too. I decided to do something different for a change and basically make my usual omelette but stuffed in a bell pepper. I'll share how I did it but you can use any veggies and spices you'd like, and as much as you'd like, so there isn't really any set measurements.

Ingredients:
1 bell pepper of any color
veggies of choice- I used spinach, zucchini, and mushrooms
seasonings of choice- I used Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
liquid egg whites
optional: cheese of choice

Directions: Preheat oven to 375. Cut the pepper in half length-wise (or you could also leave it whole and cut off the top) and remove all the seeds. Place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray and bake for 15 minutes. While that's baking, heat a pan coated with non-stick spray or olive oil. Chop your veggies, place in the pan with seasoning and sauté until they start to brown. Take out the peppers and place the veggies inside, and then pour liquid egg whites on top. I also put some shredded mozzarella-style almond cheese on top. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.




No comments:

Post a Comment