Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chia Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, I've been so busy lately! I found out that I got into grad school....literally 5 days before classes started. I was so shocked because I hadn't heard from the school so I just thought I didn't get in. So I was extremely excited! And it's an online program so I didn't have to worry about moving or anything.  It's really intense and a lot of work, so along with working I barely have any time.  But of course I still have to make time to cook and make up recipes!
I got this AMAZING pancake maker pan that's pictured below (it's called Orgreenic Ceramic Pancake Maker, I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond), and I highly recommend it especially for anyone who has trouble flipping pancakes or eggs (like myself).  I use it to make omelettes and they come out perfect every time! Plus I love having eggs in a pancake shape :) Anyway, I whipped up these pancakes this morning and they turned out delicious. Those of you that read my blog know about my love for pumpkin. It's one of my favorite flavors, and fall is right around the corner so now it's actually acceptable to be making pumpkin recipes! Although I'll keep doing it year-round :)

Ingredients:
2 tbsp oat flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp whey protein (I used About Time cinnamon whey protein. You could also sub it for more flour or flaxseed meal)
1 tsp chia seeds (makes the pancakes thick & fluffy!)
2 tbsp pumpkin purée
2 egg whites
2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of pumpkin spice (optional)
1 packet stevia

Mix ingredients in a blender or very well with a spoon. Batter should be thick! Spray a pan (or awesome pancake maker) with non-stick spray and cook on medium heat.  Tip: Be patient and don't flip them too early!

I topped mine with bananas and layered them with maple "frosting"-- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt, 1/4 tsp maple extract, 1/2 packet of stevia, and a splash of almond milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment