Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods. Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients as well as fiber. They are a great source of carbohydrates that don't spike your blood sugar.  Sweet potato fries are healthy and so easy to make!

Ingredients:
1 medium sized sweet potato (I usually just cook for myself so this is enough for me)
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
garlic salt & pepper, or cinnamon for a sweet version

Preheat oven to 425.  Wash the sweet potato well.  Cut sweet potato into pieces (you can cut them the long way like real fries, I just cut them to make them like home fries).  Combine olive/coconut oil, and spices into a bowl. Mix in the sweet potato pieces so they are all covered in the mixture. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Put the sweet potato pieces on the baking sheet so they are spread out.  Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on how crispy you want them, and flip them half way.


No comments:

Post a Comment